Turtle Mountain School Division is located in the southwestern corner of the province of Manitoba, directly north of the Canada/US border. Within its boundaries you will find the towns of Killarney, Boissevain, Ninette, Minto and Dunrea, and all or portions of the rural municipalities of Turtle Mountain, Morton, Roblin, Strathcona, Argyle, Whitewater, and Riverside. Total population for the area exceeds 10,000. This population being represented by a total of nine trustees from three separate wards.
Turtle Mountain School Division oversees the operation of seven schools: four Hutterian schools, one K - 8 school and two K - 12 schools. In additions, two
Adult Education Centres housing Campus Manitoba offices are located in the division.
Winter Weather Updates
To access current information regarding inclement weather, school closures and bus transportation during the school year, click on the Winter Weather Updates link at the top of the page. The corresponding page will be updated to inform students, parents and community members of school closures and bus transportation availability due to inclement weather.
Killarney School Students transform used Restaurant Grease
Killarney Guide - Friday, October 12, 2012Edition
High school students from three school divisions in southern Manitoba, Prairie Rose, Southwest Horizons and Turtle Mountain, attended a hands-on, bio-diesel workshop at Killarney Collegiate on Thursday, October 4.
The Fall 2012 Division Highlights are now available online. Included in theHighlights are updates on the 2012/2013 Board Committee Representatives, K-8 Learning Outcomes, 2012 Grad Student Survey results and other information regarding the . Click on the image to the right to view a PDF version of the Highlights.
Division Class Size Tracker
The Province of Manitoba announced a class size initiative, which is being referred to as 20K3. The initiative states that by September 2017, 90% of the Kindergarten to grade 3 classrooms within a school division shall have 20 or fewer students. The remaining 10% of K to 3 classrooms within a school division will be permitted to exceed the 20 student cap, but not exceed 23 students.
Click here for TMSD's Class Size Tracker of non-colony schools.
tmsd event calendar
Click here for information on school closures, inclement weather procedure and links to local weather.
For information on our schools, click on the drop-down list below.
Click here for information on school holidays, administration, exam dates, etc.